This course is designed to help carers to fully appreciate the varied backgrounds that young people originate from. It also covers the need to respect and promote each child and young person’s unique personality and social background, including aspects of discrimination.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To learn how to manage diversity and promote equality
- To confidently discuss issues of inequality with children/young people and significant others
- To ensure that the needs, rights, and views of the child or young person are at the centre of all practice and provision
- To illustrate how individuality, difference, and diversity are valued and celebrated
- To explore equality of opportunity, issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice
- To define and promote social inclusion and advancement of children and young people
- To reflect on the different types of prejudice and discrimination that can affect children and young people in care
- To outline why it is important to provide care which respects and preserves each child’s protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010
- To illustrate how to support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth, and make a positive contribution
This course is specifically for employees who work with Leaving Care and is fully CPD accredited.
Should you have 5 or more learners requiring this training please consider the face to face option we offer.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.