As professionals working with children, it is our duty to ensure that we have the correct processes and procedures in place to keep all children safe – regardless of age, gender, religion, or ethnicity.
This course will take an in-depth look at child abuse and neglect – and how you as a carer can keep children and young people safe.
The learning objectives for this course are as follows:
- To have a deeper understanding and wider knowledge of child abuse and neglect
- To have a clear and specific role working with children, young people, or their families in relation to safeguarding children
- To understand the importance the importance of information sharing
- To understand the importance of multi-agency working together
- To be able to advocate on behalf of a child or young person
- To be able to give advice/expertise to other agencies regarding the importance of their role in relation to children where there are child protection concerns
- To recognise the potential impact of a parent’s/carer’s physical and mental health on the well-being of a child or young person
- To understand the recording and documentation of concerns, differentiating between fact and opinion
- To understand the importance of clinical governance within the safeguarding agenda, and own development needs
- To understand that professional practice is a dynamic process, continually being reviewed and refined as a result of audit, research, and serious case review findings
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.