This course outlines what healthy sexual development looks like and explains how to work effectively to promote healthy sexual development. The course also enables learners to build the confidence to understand and manage issues surrounding sexual abuse.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the normal sexual development in children and young people
- To recognise the importance of supporting a young person’s sexual development and sexuality
- To develop a more resourceful and creative approach to addressing the questions and dilemmas young people have around sexuality and sexual health
- To be able to identify the range of sexual behaviours from normal to very concerning
- To work with the complex issues that sexuality and sexual health bring, and understand them in the wider context of a young person’s development
- To develop a greater understanding of the legal and policy framework surrounding sexuality and sexual health for young people in care
- To be able to identify the types of sexual abuse
- To explore the facts and myths about abuse
- To agree strategies to respond to sexual behaviour in children
This course is specifically for employees who work with Leaving Care and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.